Tuesday 23 December 2014

What I Wore: My Graduation


I have recently graduated from Southampton Solent University, with a 2:1 with BA Honours in Writing Fashion and Culture. Yay, now onto real life! I have to start sorting my life out - first off actually working out what I want to do 100% - wish me luck?

It took me a while to find an outfit for the big day, as it was late in the year I didn't know what the weather would be like so I waited till the last minute. I had an idea of what I wanted, and thankfully I managed to get exactly what I wanted.

Whilst waiting for the Graduation Ceremony to begin.

The day was amazing, the weather was perfect, it was so sunny but also not baking hot, which I was glad of, so I didn't get too hot in my gown and mortarboard. 

The whole outfit was from New Look, which made it so much easier to find! I went for a midi skater skirt, which was gorgeous with a large graphic flower print all over it, which I absolutely love. For £22.99 it is an amazing price for such a gorgeous skirt. It is made from a scuba material and has a raw hem, which bothered me at first, however if there was a hem it wouldn't hang so nicely as it does. 

Trying not to fall over, whilst shaking the Dean's hand. 
I wore a black long sleeved crop top with it, which was £8.99, which fitted really nicely, and I showed a nice little bit of flesh, but not too much, as I wanted to look as sophisticated as I could...it wasn't easy! 

I also wore a pair of black ankle strap heels with it, which were £24.99, just for something simple and it was easier to walk in them - I knew they wouldn't slip off my feet and consequently I fall to the ground! 

No comments:

Post a Comment