Friday 24 January 2014

Weekly Quick Pick - Boots

My quick pick this week is Boots, (The Chemist) 
I love Boots! I also love my Mum.

These may seem like two completely unrelated things, until you add in that little slip of receipt you sometimes get given when buying something in Boots. This is to invite you into completing a survey where you could win £200 worth of Boots points, meaning that you could potentially spend £200 in Boots...
Well low and behold my mum actually won. Like I'm not being funny but I thought it was all a con to get people to fill in surveys. But nope.

I was left amazed, when my mum told me and the next thing I know she said that she was going to treat me to some new make up. My jaw dropped.
I've never really been good with make up and I wish I was. So this has to be an amazing little present from my mum - a little starter kit. 

On a usual day at uni or work, I will just put on some mascara and eyeliner, then if I'm going out for the evening, I will put foundation and blusher on as well. But to be honest I'm not very clued up at what I'm doing. Girl Fail!

However now I've been treated to some nice make up, I'm going to give it a proper go! 
So if you have ANY tips on make up please please please leave them in the comments, I would really appreciate it! 

I was lucky enough for my mum to buy me (use the Boots points)...

- Lancome Waterproof Hypnose Drama (Black) 
- Maxfactor Max Effect Trio eye shadow in Coco Crazy
- Eyeshadow Brush, Boots own 
- Deluxe Eyelash Curler (Tweezerman) 
-L'oreal True Match Foundation in Rose Ivory
- L'oreal True Match Concealer in Beige 
- L'oreal Lumi Magique Primer
- Real Techniques Foundation Brush

(Image taken from my Instagram Little_Norris91)
I will be doing reviews on all of these products, probably leave the eyeshadow to last as I will have to get good at applying it first! 
But if you've used any of these products or have any tips on make up please let me know in the comments :) 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment