Thursday 31 January 2013

Outfit post #1

I realised earlier in the week that I hadn't actually done an outfit post in about 3 weeks, woopsie. I've also decided to try and do more outfit posts, so I'm starting a fresh (as the name of this post suggests).
So here's what I wore today. I've had a very lazy day today, having my only lecture and seminar at 3pm today, so I didn't actually get ready to go out till about half 1 this afternoon, lazy I know! 


I decided to wear a top that I've had in my wardrobe for a good few years, however I hardly ever wear it. It is a cream thin knit jumper that I found in a charity shop in my home town. When I first got it, I decided to cut the top of it to make it an off the shoulder jumper. It was about £3 from a local Barnardos.  
I wore this with a green camisole underneath, just because this shirt is quite see through, I then tucked the camisole into my high waisted Jamie jeans from Topshop in burgandy (£40). I really need these jeans in black as well, they are just so comfortable! They feel more like a jegging but they are thicker which is always nice.  
I also wore my Topshop leather boots (£45) which I've had for about a year now. 


I decided to wear this outfit with this gorgeous necklace* my sister bought me for my birthday. You can change the shape of the fan, by spreading it further apart and closer together until it becomes a closed fan. I prefer it spreaded out like this, as it looks more like a statement piece. I also love the colours used within the fan - the marbling effect means you can wear this with so many different outfits. 


I also wore this ring which I bought from Forever 21 about two years ago, it cost me $4, as I was in Florida when I first found this awesome store! It is a shame because it is the kind of metal that gives you a green finger, but because it's so big you can't see the effect until you take it off. I think it goes well with the necklace as it looks semi-precious and the gold is similar. 


I also wore my Michael Kors watch* which I received off my parents for my 21st birthday, I love this watch so much. The rose gold is perfect, as I'm not a fan of silver or gold watches. The face is so simple and elegant I just can't get enough of wearing this watch. 


I love the subtle details on the watch, from 'Michael Kors' embossed on the clasp to a tiny 'MK' on the side dial (the one to change the time). I think this watch is so classic and beautiful which means I can check the time whenever instead of taking my phone out every 5 minutes! 
All together I really love my outfit today, and may start wearing that jumper more and more, instead of leaving it to hang in my wardrobe!
x

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this version of MK watch. I have the golden one with white inside, but yours is just perfect.

    Btw would you like to follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin and other social platforms?
    Just let me know :)


    xx
    Tali
    www.RockMyHeels.com
    Visit the RmH SHOP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love it, I just never want to take it off!
      I've just posted on your blog :) and am now following you via GFC
      xx

      Delete